NEW YORK–(COMMERCIAL THREAD) – Luminaire, a podcast technology and content company, today launched its free podcast app and premium subscription content network. Luminary Premium subscribers will have access to over 40 podcasts of some of podcasting’s most recognizable voices, legendary artists, and diverse and emerging voices.
âWe’re excited to bring Luminary’s free podcast app and amazing premium content to podcast listeners,â said Matt Sacks, Co-Founder and CEO. âWe created Luminary to make it easier for podcast listeners to find great content and to be the place where podcast makers can do their best job. The quality, breadth and diversity of our content means you can always find something great to listen to on Luminary.
Luminary’s free app offers a simple user experience with smart discovery and personal curation. All users of the app will have access to hundreds of thousands of publicly available ad-supported podcasts, including shows from NPR, TED, WNYC, The New York Times, and many more.
âLuminary has made a major investment in technology to develop a free app that anyone can use to find and listen to the content they want to hear when they want to hear it, whether it’s a funded show. through publicly available advertising or broadcast on our premium network, âSacks said.
Luminary will launch 25 of its over 40 Luminary Premium shows starting April 23 and over the following week. The shows launched during the first week are:
that of Adam Davidson Passion Economy
- Hymn: Homunculus by John Cameron Mitchell and Bryan Weller
- Ax files with David Axelrod
- Deep Context with Noah Feldman by Pushkin Industries
- guys we f **** d
- Handsome hiker with Hannibal Buress
- History on fire with DaniÃ¨le Bolelli
- I AM RAPAPORT: STEREO PODCAST
- Karamo with Karamo Brown
- Reflection with Trevor Noah
- LGBTQ & A avocado
- Love + Radio with Nick van der Kolk
- Note for myself hosted by Manoush Zomorodi from WNYC
- Now what? with Arian Foster
- Poetics animated by Omari Hardwick
- Stoop talks by Leila Day and Hana Baba
- the ten avocado
- AM archives by Lauren Shippen
- Players’ forum: the podcast
- The Rewatchables 1999 by Bill Simmons of The Ringer
Roads and Kingdoms’ The trip
- Under the skin with Russell Brand
- Wisdom from above with Guy Raz
- Hollywood and crime by wondery
- Locked up abroad by wondery
More shows will be released on Luminary Premium in the coming months, including these and many more:
- A very deadly murder onion
- The C word with Lena Dunham
- Celeste and her best with CÃ©leste Barbier
Two new podcasts from Conan O’Brien’s Team Coco
- Hear to kill with Roxane Gay and Tressie McMillan Cottom
- Hyper-thetic with Kerry BishÃ© by FilmNation
- Fiasco by Leon Neyfakh, the co-creator of Slow Burn
A new podcast from Jigsaw Productions, founder Alex Gibney
- Landmarks by Believe Entertainment
- Murder with Bethany McLean by Pushkin Industries
New Players Tribune Podcast
New podcast of The Ringer by Bill Simmons
- Sincerely, X by TED
Instant judgment presents: Scared of WNYC
- Tabloid from New York magazine
- Phone stories by Mosaic / Ninth Planet
Present and missing gifts: Sworn
Luminary is offering all listeners a one-month free trial of Luminary Premium, with a monthly subscription of $ 7.99 after the first month for US subscribers. The free Luminary app is also available for download for listeners in Canada (CA $ 8.49 / month), UK (Â£ 6.99 / month) and Australia (AU $ 7.99 / month), also with a one month free trial.
Podcast fans can listen for free on Luminary at luminarypodcasts.com or by downloading the free app on Apple and Android devices.
Luminary is a podcast technology and content company offering a free podcast app with a simple user interface and smart content discovery, as well as a premium subscription network of premium and premium podcasts available only on Luminary. Driven by the singular mission of improving the podcasting experience for listeners and creators, Luminary makes it easier for podcast listeners to find great content and for podcast creators to do their best. Luminary Premium will feature over 40 shows and over 1,000 hours of premium originals available only on Luminary, featuring some of podcasting’s most recognizable voices, legendary artists, and diverse and emerging voices. The free Luminary app – where listeners can listen to Luminary Premium shows and their favorites from hundreds of thousands of publicly available podcasts – is available for free on iOS, Android, and the web.
For more information, visit luminarypodcasts.com or follow @hearluminary.